Rose and Sweet Briar Cottages are single storey semi detatched cottages (converted farm buildings). Made of brick with a pantilted roof situated in the quiet Hamlet of Kersall near Newark. These bungalow styled cottages stand next to the original farm house within the one and a half acre grounds of Hill Farm (no longer a working farm). Built around 1760, Hill Farm has uninterrupted views of the Newark and Sherwood Countryside. We think we live in the most beautiful place in Nottinghamshire and one of our greatest pleasures is to share it with our guests.
• We have a basic website
• Booking / enquiries can be made by either telephone, email or letter
• All guests are provided with written directions to the cottage
• It is essential that guests have their own transport
• The nearest Train Station is at Newark 7 miles away
• The nearest shop is either at Newark 7 miles away, Southwell and Ollerton 6 miles away.
Arrival & Car Park
There are car parking spaces provided close to the cottage. Visitors are asked to arrive from 3.00 p.m. onward. In the unlikely event of there being no one available to greet guests on their arrival, a key will be made available. Details of this given to guests in our confirmation email / letter.
• There are 3 steps up to the door of Rose Cottage and a handrail positioned to the right hand side of the cottage door for assistance. This takes you into the Kitchen.
• The light switch can be found on the right to access both internal and external light.
• All facilities within the cottage are on one level.
• Room size 3.4m x 2.3m
• Stable door
• As you enter the Kitchen is the fire blanket and fire extinguisher.
• Sink unit, single drainer with cupboards underneath are situated to the left as you enter the Kitchen.
• Immediately in front of you as you walk into the Kitchen are overhead cupboards and under these a work surface with cupboards underneath.
• Under counter fridge / freezer
• Four ring electric cooker
• Small pantry/storage area for ironing board etc.
• Small dining table and three chairs
• Electric oil radiator
• Room size 3.7m x 2.6m
• Access from the Kitchen
• There are three doors leading from the sitting room – to the Kitchen, Bathroom and access to bedroom and fire exit)
• Electric oil radiator
• Electric Fire
• Two seater sofa
• Arm chair
• A fireguard can be found behind the sofa
• 2 x small coffee table
• Wall lights
• Reading lamp
• TV with DVD Player
• Room size 2.3m x 1.7m
• Accessed from the Sitting Room
• Door standard width
• Wall mounted electric heater
• Bath – Height 510mm Length (internal) 1.5m
• Shower over the bath with shower curtain
• Toilet height 420mm
• Wash hand basin
• Towels provided
• Room size 3.7 m x 2.5m
• Accessed from the sitting room
• Twin beds
• Wall mounted electric radiator
• Double Wardrobe
• Fire Exit (can also be used as a door into the garden area)
• Cupboards with drawers
• Good quality bedding – beds made up ready for guests arrival
• Extra bedding can be provided on request
Patio areas with garden furniture overlooking the beautiful views over open countryside
• Rose Cottage is equipped with 2 working smoke alarms (sitting room and bedroom)
• Fire blanket and Fire Extinguisher located in the Kitchen
• Fire assembly point is on the car park area in front of the cottage